Friday 10 January 2014

Welcome to "Daily Life At The Funny Farm"

So here goes!  My first ever blog post!  This is an adventure that I decided to embark on for the year I turn 40!

As many of you know my life can be a little crazy!  Our 6 kids keep me hopping!  Right now our 3 1/2 year old is the most stubborn child on the face of the earth when it comes to potty training!  She spends hours in a day sitting on the potty waiting for the elusive "poop".  You see we were pretty much potty trained in September and started pre-school, had a great time and then regressed!  This soon became our life!  This week she has had a few comments that have made me leave the room to avoid laughing in front of her which of course would just encourage her!  Sitting on the potty and out of the blue she states, "This is useless you know.  I am NOT going to poop on this potty".  Good to know where we stand on this topic!!

Our 6 year old has recently discovered her love of Thrift Stores!  She comes home weekly with her treasures that she has found with her respite worker.  This weeks find; a dog purse (which is half the size of her), a monster truck minus the remote and a bikini top.  What do these three things have in common?  We have no idea but "they're cool, right mom?"  Who could argue with that!?

The 10 year old has discovered Skip Bo and Solitaire recently.  The entire family tries to avoid him as soon as they see him coming with a deck of cards!  That game lasts forever!  Brings back memories of the group home that I used to work at when my entire shift would be spent playing Skip Bo (I always lost!). Those were the good old days!

The Basketball season is in full force with 3 practices and 2 games a week (between league and school) which makes for a little more shuffling in the house.  Add in the "Can I go to the Y?",  which usually ends up being a 9 hour day ending with "Can you pick me (and 2 of my friends up) up?" after I have my p.j.'s on!  Really wish this one would ride the bus (or the Loser Cruiser as he calls it) more often!

We welcomed back our wonderful cleaning lady this week after a few months hiatus (felt really sorry for her for having to clean that up!). One happy Momma in the clean shower this morning!

The dog only peed on the floor twice this week, only one epic failure in the cooking department (nobody said I had to be a good cook!), the craft room (aka crap room) is clean (there is a table in there!) and scrapbooking with Tannis tonight!  All round a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment