Saturday 25 January 2014

What a crappy week (literally!)

Another week has flown by!  Two kids to the Dr's, took my mom to the Dr. and a trip to the Dr. for me sums up the appointments for the week!  Volunteered in the kids school for 3 half days and a full day track meet, long conversation with school social worker as well as a teacher (Natural Consequences, I say)!  A night with friends card-making, basketball practices/games, Guide/Pathfinder meeting, a night on the bus driving 9 teenage girls all over the city for fun followed by an all day Girl Guide Council meeting but the most memorable day ever was of course the "shitty" day!

Thursday was going to be a hectic day and I knew it!  First school pick up, second school pick up and home we go, unload and into the house we go when a little voice says, "Mommy where's Z?" Back in the truck, drive around the corner to the daycare and pick up Z who of course hasn't pooped yet, back home and to the potty we go.  In the kitchen starting supper, listening to home reading when I hear, "Mommy come wipe my bum?" to which I say, "In a minute!"  Literally a minute later I came around the corner and just about threw up!  There is our 3 year old who had indeed pooped but it was everywhere!  In her hair, nose, ears, from her elbow to the tips of her fingers, the wall (apparently she needed to lean on it!) anywhere else she could touch within a 3 foot radius. It had been a few days since she had done that so I had my fingers crossed that it wasn't going to happen again.  Off to the bath we went, where the screaming began!  Z screaming because she didn't want a bath and me screaming at J to stir supper so it wouldn't burn because we had 7 minutes to get out the door to his basketball game! Scrub A Dub Dub!  We made it to the game on time, without burning supper!

After the game I quickly went home to pick up my supper, drop J off before heading off to work!  When I arrived at work something was smelling a little funky to say the least.  When I asked if everything was OK all my co-worker had to do was look at me for me to know that I was going to be taking one for the team! There was a major clean up to be done!  Enter the double gloved, shirt over the nose improvised Hazmat suit with disinfectant!   After work I headed home and as I entered the house the dog came running over and started to lick my pant leg.  I looked down to see a smear of poop on my pants!!! OMG!  First thought? Was this poop from home and I went to a basketball game with poop on my leg or was this work poop?  Second thought - Oh No my new pants!

All in a day at the Funny Farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment